- The New Brunswick Catholic Health Association Scholarships - 2018: The Catholic Health Association of New Brunswick is offering two Scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 each; they will be awarded to one student studying in a French educational institution and one student studying in an English educational institution.
Students must be entering their second year of studies or later, in a post-secondary program in the field of health care.
Information and application forms are available on the CHANB website, or by calling the office at (506) 778-5302. Applications must be postmarked by August 31st, 2018.
- Scholarship Flyer - 2018
- CHANB Rules & Regulations - 2018
- CHANB Scholarship Application
- Sistema New Brunswick presents an evening of International Connections: A recital consisting of music from around the world, performed by the teaching artists of Sistema NB Tobique and Presto Ensemble. Time and location: Wednesday June 13 at 7:00PM, at Trinity Anglican Church, Perth-Andover. No tickets required. (Poster )
- Celebrating 150 years of history and memories - Saint Leonard Parent Parish (June 3, 2018): This year marks the 150th anniversary of the parish of St. Leonard Parent. It is with joy that we invite you to participate in the celebrations on Sunday, June 3, 2018.
9:30AM - mass presided by our bishop, Mgr. Claude Champagne, followed by coffee in the church basement.
12:30PM - festive lunch (full service) at the St. Leonard parish church basement.
You can purchase your ticket by calling (506) 423-6403 (leave your name and phone number) or by email at
- ($20 per person; limited number).
From 2:00 to 5:00PM - exhibitions, presentation of old photos and guided tours of the cemetery. Follow us on Facebook for time capsules and beautiful old photos. It promises to be a great reunion!
- Trip to Cap-de-la-Madeleine in Trois-Rivieres, P.Q.: This July 10th to July 12th, 2018. Discover an oasis of peace, greenery and history along the King's Road Shrine of Our Lady of the Cape. With its immense, modern basilica, old sanctuary and magnificent gardens, it offers religious, spiritual, cultural and tourist activities. (Details )
- New Mass Added: A new celebration has been added at St. Patrick's Church: Saturday Vigil Mass starting with a Prelude of songs of Praise at 6:30PM with Mass at 7:00PM. The music is under the leadership Christine Laforge and others. This will be Saturday, March 10 and every Saturday thereafter. If you would like more information, please call Fr. Gilbert at (506) 479-1670. Please note that there is still Sunday Mass at 9:00AM. Thank you and God bless.
- Death of Fr. Louis Pearson, I.V.D.: Father Louis Pearson, I.V.D. passed away on February 22, at the age of 96. He was a fine person, warm hearted and an apostle and a rock for the Lord. He was the pastor for many years at Assumption Church in Blue Bell and Saint Theresa's Anderson Road. May he rest in the peace of the risen Lord.
The funeral will be held on Sunday March 11 and Monday March 12 in Causapscal, in the Matapedia Valley in Quebec. Fr. Pearson will be laying in mourning in the Fournier Memorial Funeral Home, 175 Desbiens St., Causapscal Quebec, on Sunday March 11 from 2:00PM to 5:00PM, and from 5:00PM to 10:00PM, and then, in chapel of rest, Monday March 12, at the church of Causapscal, 9:00AM to 10:30AM (time of the funeral).
We wish to offer our condolences to the whole family of Fr. Pearson, and to all those who were close to him. We would also like to extend a special thank you to the Sisters Servants Our Lady of the Clergy of Lac-au-Saumon for having welcomed him in their home with so much friendship over these last months. (Details )
- Diocesan Collection - Feast of Christ the King, Sunday November 26, 2017: This annual collection is for the support of the Bishop and the maintenance of the Diocesan services needed to sustain the life of the diocese's thirty-two parishes: catechesis, youth and family ministry, adult faith education, liturgy, social ministry, formation of persons engaged in ministry, chancery, marriage tribunal, communications and economic affairs.
Thank you sincerely for your solidarity towards the Diocesan Church!
+ Claude Champagne, O.M.I.,
Bishop of Edmundston
- Joint Annual Meeting of the Diocese of Edmundston and the Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston Inc.: You are cordially invited to participate to the joint annual meeting of the Diocese of Edmundston and the Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston, Inc., to be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 7:00PM, at the Diocesan Center, Edmundston. We will present the financial reports from September 1st, 2016 to August 31, 2017.
Information will be given to you concerning the financial statements of the Diocese and the administration of the funds for the major financial campaign held in 2003-2004. Welcome to all.
- Jean-Charles Ouellette, Chairman
Diocesan Council for Economic Affairs
- Gildard Lavoie, Chairman
Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston Inc.
- UPDATE - Fr. Clem Obituary: Please note that funeral services for Fr. Clement Thibodeau will be held on October 10th at 10:00AM Eastern (11:00AM Atlantic), at the Holy Rosary Church in Caribou, Maine. Please remember to keep Father Clem's family in your prayers. (Details )
- Game Wardens Believe They Located Body of Missing Priest from Caribou: Maine game wardens and Caribou Police believe they located the body of missing 82-year-old Caribou resident, Pastor Clement Thibodeau, missing since July 15, 2017. (Details )
- Centering Prayer Group: A centering prayer Group is starting at St. Mary's Angels church in Perth Andover. Information session will be Tuesday, June 6 at 7:00PM. This is open to all faith traditions.
Centering Prayer is a method of meditation that is "centered entirely on the presence of God." It is a Monastic prayer that will help you to "return to the heart," finding one's deepest center, awakening the profound depths of our being."
For more information please call. Fr. Gilbert at (506) 479-1670.
- Auction 45: In the Parish Hall at St. Joseph (Tilley), every Saturday starting on April 1st (Except April 15th) at 7:00PM. Cost is $5.00, including a light snack. Please contact Mrs. Alta Brayall at (506) 273-2424 for more information.
- World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation: Instituted by Pope Francis, The World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation will be celebrated on September 1st of every year, starting in 2015. This World Day of Prayer will coincide with a similar celebration previously established by Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE THIRTY-FIRST WORLD YOUTH DAY 2016 - "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy" (Mt 5:7) (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS ON THE OCCASION OF THE 53rd WORLD DAY OF PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS - "The Church, Mother of Vocations" (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR THE JUBILEE OF MERCY FOR YOUNG BOYS AND GIRLS: "Merciful Like the Father" (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR THE 24th WORLD DAY OF THE SICK 2016 (Feb. 11, 2016) - Entrusting Oneself to the Merciful Jesus like Mary: "Do whatever he tells you" (Jn 2:5) (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR WORLD MISSION DAY 2015: October 18, 2015 (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE WORLD DAY OF MIGRANTS AND REFUGEES 2016 - "Migrants and Refugees Challenge Us. The Response of the Gospel of Mercy" (Details )
- Opening of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy:
Everyone in the diocese is invited to the Opening Mass of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy.
This celebration, presided by Bishop Claude Champagne, O.M.I., will be held on Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:00PM in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Edmundston. Following the Mass, a light lunch will be served at St. Peter Hall (Cathedral basement). A Warm Welcome to One and All!
- Letter from Bishop Champagne
- Description of the logo
- Prayer of Pope Francis
- Official website
- Wikipedia page
The Holy Year of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy will commence on December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, and conclude on November 20, 2016, with the Solemnity of Christ the King. The Bull of Indiction (Misericordiae Vultus, or "The Face of Mercy") formally announcing a Holy Year has been placed on the Website of the Holy See .
In addition, a further reflection by the Holy Father on the significance of the Jubilee of Mercy is found in his homily this past April 11 for First Vespers of the Second Sunday of Easter, "Divine Mercy Sunday".
- Development and Peace - Election Guide 2015: In the lead-up to the October 19th federal election, Development and Peace has produced an electoral guide to assist its members and all Canadians who are committed to international social justice in having dialogue with candidates in their riding about urgent issues including climate change and foreign aid.
Elections are a key moment to participate in the democratic process, a right that is still denied to millions of people around the world, including several countries where Development and Peace is working to strengthen democracy and citizen participation. Development and Peace encourages all citizens to vote and learn more about how their candidates intend to support poverty eradication in the world today.
Information on the Electoral Guide 2015
- A Church in Dialogue - Catholic Ecumenical Commitment : The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops, prepared in conjunction with its Episcopal Commission for Christian Unity, Religious Relations with the Jews, and Interfaith Dialogue, a document entitled "A Church in Dialogue - Towards the Restoration of Unity among Christians".
This document is published on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of
the Second Vatican Council's Decree on Ecumenism, "Unitatis Redintegratio" - 1964 - 2014. (Details )
- APOSTOLIC EXHORTATION EVANGELII GAUDIUM of the Holy Father Francis to the Bishops, Clergy, Consecrated Persons and the Lay Faithful on the Proclamation of the Gospel in Today's World. (Details )
Members of the Pastoral
Orientation Congress Committee
- Following the Pastoral Orientation Congress which took place on November 4, 2011, a document on all the recommendations adopted, entitled "Vision of our Diocesan Church, pastoral orientations and recommendations" has been published:
- Recommendations presented to our Bishop
- Publication of the Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist: The Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Sacramentum Caritatis, On the Eucharist as the Source and Summit of the Church's Life and Mission, was released on 13 March. Pope Benedict XVI signed the text which follows the XIth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops held in October 2005. (Details )
Other news sources
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (Media Releases)
Salt + Light, Your Catholic Channel of Hope
Catholic Organization for Life and Family
ZenitThe World Seen from Rome