- Holiday Announcements:
Reconciliation for Advent this week at Assumption Blue Bell (Tue. Dec. 12 at 7:00PM), St. Thomas Aquinas (Wed. Dec. 13 at 7:00PM), St. Ann TFN (Thu. Dec. 14 at 6:00PM).
Bingo at St. Mary's, Sunday Dec. 17 at 1:00PM.
Christmas party for all our youth and their families in all parishes this Friday, Dec. 15, starting at 6:00PM at St. Patrick's Church. Lots of fun for all!
Auction 45: St. Joseph Tilley, Dec. 16 at 7:00PM.
FEstive Concert at. St. Mary's of the Angels church, Dec. 16, at 6:00PM by Sistema group under the direction of Mr. Dave Halpine.
Parish Luncheos this week: St. Thomas Aquinas (Tue. Dec. 12 at 12 noon), St. Mary of the Angels (Thu. Dec. 14 at 12 noon).
- "The Blanket Exercise": Held on Thursday November 9 from 6:30 to 8:30PM, at Perth-Andover Baptist Church. This is an interactive learning experience, walking participants through the difficult history of Canada's first nations people and the European settlers, to modern day. Hosted by Maliseet elders from Fredericton, St. Mary's First Nation. It will be followed by a talking circle to discuss what we just witnessed.
- Diocesan Collection - Feast of Christ the King, Sunday November 26, 2017: This annual collection is for the support of the Bishop and the maintenance of the Diocesan services needed to sustain the life of the diocese's thirty-two parishes: catechesis, youth and family ministry, adult faith education, liturgy, social ministry, formation of persons engaged in ministry, chancery, marriage tribunal, communications and economic affairs.
Thank you sincerely for your solidarity towards the Diocesan Church!
+ Claude Champagne, O.M.I.,
Bishop of Edmundston
- Joint Annual Meeting of the Diocese of Edmundston and the Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston Inc.: You are cordially invited to participate to the joint annual meeting of the Diocese of Edmundston and the Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston, Inc., to be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 7:00PM, at the Diocesan Center, Edmundston. We will present the financial reports from September 1st, 2016 to August 31, 2017.
Information will be given to you concerning the financial statements of the Diocese and the administration of the funds for the major financial campaign held in 2003-2004. Welcome to all.
- Jean-Charles Ouellette, Chairman
Diocesan Council for Economic Affairs
- Gildard Lavoie, Chairman
Foundation of the Diocese of Edmundston Inc.
- UPDATE - Fr. Clem Obituary: Please note that funeral services for Fr. Clement Thibodeau will be held on October 10th at 10:00AM Eastern (11:00AM Atlantic), at the Holy Rosary Church in Caribou, Maine. Please remember to keep Father Clem's family in your prayers. (Details )
- Game Wardens Believe They Located Body of Missing Priest from Caribou: Maine game wardens and Caribou Police believe they located the body of missing 82-year-old Caribou resident, Pastor Clement Thibodeau, missing since July 15, 2017. (Details )
- Day of prayer in Saint-Louis de Kent: "Let's get high on God's love!" (1 John 4, 7-10). Large gathering on October 28, 2017 in the Parish of St. Louis in Saint-Louis de Kent, NB. Day of prayer: praise, forgiveness, healing, in unity and love. Invitation to allAboriginal, Francophone, Anglophonefrom New Brunswick and neighboring diocese. On this 50th Anniversary of the Charismatic Renewal and the 150th Anniversary of Canada, let us unite as God's chosen people. It is time to open the door to the Holy Spirit. Let the drums of God's love resound within us.
Registration is $25 per person (2 meals included). Please send your coordinates to
no later than October 19, 2017 or contact Monique Martin at (506) 624-8304 after 6:00PM for more information.
- Garabandal Pilgrimage in Spain: From April 2nd to 16th 2018. For young adults 19 to 35 years old (men and women), with Maria Saraco, witness and specialist on Garabandal events, and Fr. Charles Lokoka. For information and registration, please contact Daniel or Tammy Lessard by email:
. The deadline for registration is September 29th 2017. (Poster )
- Centering Prayer Group: A centering prayer Group is starting at St. Mary's Angels church in Perth Andover. Information session will be Tuesday, June 6 at 7:00PM. This is open to all faith traditions.
Centering Prayer is a method of meditation that is "centered entirely on the presence of God." It is a Monastic prayer that will help you to "return to the heart," finding one's deepest center, awakening the profound depths of our being."
For more information please call. Fr. Gilbert at (506) 479-1670.
- Auction 45: In the Parish Hall at St. Joseph (Tilley), every Saturday starting on April 1st (Except April 15th) at 7:00PM. Cost is $5.00, including a light snack. Please contact Mrs. Alta Brayall at (506) 273-2424 for more information.
- Trip to Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré and Quebec City: From Tuesday, July 11th to Thursday July 13th. This trip also takes in a day trip to Quebec City and an afternoon in Old Quebec City, or you may just wish to relax around Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré.
Room prices per person (includes hotel room, continental breakfast, bus fare & taxes): single room $228.00; double room (two people) $160.00; triple room (three people) $155.00. These prices do not include lunch or supper.
Please contact Anne Marie Watson at (506) 473-3438 or Fr. Gilbert at (506) 479-1670 for nore information.
- Quinquennial visit ad limina: The visit ad limina means, technically, the obligation incumbent on the bishops to visit, at stated times, the "thresholds of the Apostles," Sts. Peter and Paul, and of presenting themselves before the pope to give an account of the state of their dioceses. This visit is scheduled to take place between 11 and 22 March. We would ask you to pray for the success of this visit.
+ Claude Champagne, O.M.I.,
Bishop of Edmundston
- Steubenville Atlantic registration is now open and we are planning to once again take a group of youth from our Diocese to this high-energy conference. The opportunity for our youth to engage with each other in faith, hear inspiring talks, attend dynamic workshops and experience the Eucharist and sacrament of reconciliation in a teen-friendly environment is a life changing experience. Early bird registration ends February 28th.
Steubenville Atlantic is for High School youth. For more information, or if you wish to go, please contact Fr. Gilbert Doddatto by e-mail () or by phone at (506) 273-2913.
- World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation : Instituted by Pope Francis, The World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation will be celebrated on September 1st of every year, starting in 2015. This World Day of Prayer will coincide with a similar celebration previously established by Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE THIRTY-FIRST WORLD YOUTH DAY 2016 - "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy" (Mt 5:7) (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS ON THE OCCASION OF THE 53rd WORLD DAY OF PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS - "The Church, Mother of Vocations" (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR THE JUBILEE OF MERCY FOR YOUNG BOYS AND GIRLS: "Merciful Like the Father" (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR THE 24th WORLD DAY OF THE SICK 2016 (Feb. 11, 2016) - Entrusting Oneself to the Merciful Jesus like Mary: "Do whatever he tells you" (Jn 2:5) (Details )
- MESSAGE OF POPE FRANCIS FOR WORLD MISSION DAY 2015: October 18, 2015 (Details )
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE WORLD DAY OF MIGRANTS AND REFUGEES 2016 - "Migrants and Refugees Challenge Us. The Response of the Gospel of Mercy" (Details )
- Opening of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy:
Everyone in the diocese is invited to the Opening Mass of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy.
This celebration, presided by Bishop Claude Champagne, O.M.I., will be held on Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:00PM in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Edmundston. Following the Mass, a light lunch will be served at St. Peter Hall (Cathedral basement). A Warm Welcome to One and All!
- Letter from Bishop Champagne
- Description of the logo
- Prayer of Pope Francis
- Official website
- Wikipedia page
The Holy Year of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy will commence on December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, and conclude on November 20, 2016, with the Solemnity of Christ the King. The Bull of Indiction (Misericordiae Vultus, or "The Face of Mercy") formally announcing a Holy Year has been placed on the Website of the Holy See .
In addition, a further reflection by the Holy Father on the significance of the Jubilee of Mercy is found in his homily this past April 11 for First Vespers of the Second Sunday of Easter, "Divine Mercy Sunday".
- Development and Peace - Election Guide 2015: In the lead-up to the October 19th federal election, Development and Peace has produced an electoral guide to assist its members and all Canadians who are committed to international social justice in having dialogue with candidates in their riding about urgent issues including climate change and foreign aid.
Elections are a key moment to participate in the democratic process, a right that is still denied to millions of people around the world, including several countries where Development and Peace is working to strengthen democracy and citizen participation. Development and Peace encourages all citizens to vote and learn more about how their candidates intend to support poverty eradication in the world today.
Information on the Electoral Guide 2015
- A Church in Dialogue - Catholic Ecumenical Commitment : The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops, prepared in conjunction with its Episcopal Commission for Christian Unity, Religious Relations with the Jews, and Interfaith Dialogue, a document entitled "A Church in Dialogue - Towards the Restoration of Unity among Christians".
This document is published on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of
the Second Vatican Council's Decree on Ecumenism, "Unitatis Redintegratio" - 1964 - 2014. (Details )
- Welcoming Canada's two new Saints: Bishop François de Laval and Mother Marie of the Incarnation. (Details )
- APOSTOLIC EXHORTATION EVANGELII GAUDIUM of the Holy Father Francis to the Bishops, Clergy, Consecrated Persons and the Lay Faithful on the Proclamation of the Gospel in Today's World. (Details )
Members of the Pastoral
Orientation Congress Committee
- Following the Pastoral Orientation Congress which took place on November 4, 2011, a document on all the recommendations adopted, entitled "Vision of our Diocesan Church, pastoral orientations and recommendations" has been published:
- Recommendations presented to our Bishop
- Publication of the Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist: The Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Sacramentum Caritatis, On the Eucharist as the Source and Summit of the Church's Life and Mission, was released on 13 March. Pope Benedict XVI signed the text which follows the XIth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops held in October 2005. (Details )
Other news sources
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (Media Releases)
Catholic Organization for Life and Family
ZenitThe World Seen from Rome